Our Ofsted rating
We were most recently inspected in April 2017 and our official Ofsted rating was “Outstanding”. Download our most recent Ofsted report from April 2017.
Comments from our inspection include:
- “Children’s behaviour is excellent and they are highly sociable. The diverse staff are wonderful role models who foster children’s self-esteem and confidence. Children thrive on staff’s fun, friendly and motivating interaction as they discover things together.”
- “The highly-qualified staff team has an excellent knowledge of how children learn. Practice is forward-thinking and based on leading research, influential early years theorists and practice from other countries. Consequently, staff provide a wealth of inspirational, captivating and challenging experiences and children flourish and excel in their learning.”
- “Staff promote children’s safety, physical well-being and their understanding of keeping safe and healthy to an exceptionally high standard. “
- “Staff motivate children and ignite their thirst for learning with their extreme passion, excellent teaching, diligent planning for each child and highly stimulating environments.”
- “Staff use innovative ways to engage children, including those at risk of underachieving. Children take part in unique outings, community projects and workshops. They also take part in activities with special visitors, such as an artist. “
- “All children make substantial and sustained progress. This includes children who have special educational needs and/or disabilities and those in receipt of additional funding.”
- “Children are superbly prepared for moving on to school, showing high levels of focus, engagement and exhilaration as they play. They are exceptionally keen and eager learners. They build excellent early friendships, playing collaboratively as they experiment, solve problems and share exciting ideas.”
Steps to Quality – Step 2
We have also achieved Step 2 of the Steps to Quality scheme. This is a quality assurance scheme available to all childcare providers and covers areas such as play, care and inclusion, environment, management, training and development and relationships.
Read more about Steps to Quality on the Calderdale Council website.
NMT Individual Nursery Awards Finalist 2017
We have been short-listed for the NMT Individual Nursery Awards for being a nursery that is a single owned and run site (i.e. not part of a multiple group of owned nurseries) which has, in the view of the judges, created the very best environment to promote the highest levels of childcare, staff morale and business performance.
Nursery World Community Support Award Finalist 2017
We have been short-listed for the Community Support Award with Nursery World for the work we have done with our Intergenerational Arts Project with Trinity Fold Nursing Home and Dean Clough Foundation. This involved staff, parents and children in the project and supports our local community.
Community Spirit Award at the CCF Awards WINNER 2017
We won the Community Spirit Award at the Calderdale Community Foundation Awards for our Inter-Generational Arts Project which was a collaborative project between us, Trinity Fold Nursing Home and the Dean Clough Foundation.
Cute Fruit Plus Dental Health Award
We have been award the Cute Fruit Plus Award for recognising the importance of dental health for our children such as serving only water and milk and offering healthy snacks between meals.
Spread the Happiness Award
We participated in Spreading the Happiness Challenge in showing what a happy and caring environment we provide for our children and staff.